Links from crataegus.me.uk
Links are gathered here mostly for my own reference, as a long set of occasionally-wanted bookmarks; I make no comment on how far I'm interested, support, or approve (or otherwise) in any case...
News and Information
- Duck Duck Go, a search engine; Google, likewise.
- Wikipedia, an online encyclopaedia.
- The BBC homepage, BBC news, BBC weather for Cambridge.
- Weather from Cambridge from the MET Office.
- Newspapers: The Guardian, Cambridge news, the Independent, the Telegraph, the Economist, Politico, and the New Statesman.
- German newspapers: Süddeutsche Zeitung, die Welt, Frankfurter Allgemeine, and der Spiegel.
- More newspapers: Die Presse, Der Standard, Wiener Zeitung, Salzburger Nachrichten, Rzeczpospolita, and Gazeta Wyborcza.
- The law at HMSO. Tax Returns at HMRC. Postage prices at the Royal Mail. Postage track and trace.
- Cambridge City Council, and the all-important bin information.
- Government statistics.
Radio and Television
University of Cambridge
Amusing Things et c.
- xkcd comics and what-if questions; Bad Machinery comics.
- Unnecessary depth of discussion on concertinas, fountain pens, and sloe gin.
- Some assorted random blogs, on history, comedy, quotations, archives, miscellanenous things, misuse of science, more history, linguistics.
- TV Tropes, which has a somewhat wider scope than its name suggests.
- Odd maps.
- Warnings against giving the working man work to do; the perils of living in the suburbs.
- How University committees really make decisions.
- Warnings about a very dangerous chemical.
- I tend to think that Twitter is for twits, but some accounts are at any rate sometimes amusing: travel information, the president of Russia, mistakes, North Korea, ...
- ...and some are even informative; accounts broadly on lexicography, history, a church, animals, the law, foreign affairs, ...
Things that I administer
- Little Abington Scout Campsite and Training Ground website.
- Servers' rota for Little St Mary's Church. (Whilst anyone can view the logging-in page, with information about the liturgical significance of the day, only LSM servers, who have accounts on the system, can log in.)
- URL for the defunct Eucharistic Ministers' rota for Farm Street Church.
- Supervision information on this website.
- Kitty programs for Coleridge Road and for Caer Peverel. (Access is restricted to the people concerned.)
- Index to this website.
Things that I use (of even less interest to anyone else than the above)