Supervisions: Handing in Work
Do the work on paper not larger than A4. Make sure that the pages are in the right order. Fix it together securely with a paperclip, staple or similar. Write your name on the front sheet. (If you have to form more than one bundle, write your name on the first page of each bundle.) Write "Work for Matthew Smith" on the front as well. Do not put the work into any kind of folder, envelope, or pouch.
If you prefer you can do the work in an exercise book, but only if it is small and soft-covered, and has your name and my name on the front.
You can hand in the work
- at the porters' lodge of Selwyn College, or
- at the porters' lodge of Trinity Hall, or
- by delivering it to an address near (but not at) Fitzwilliam College. (Follow the link for the full address. It requires Raven login.)
You can use whichever option is most convenient, regardless of which college you belong to.
Easter Holday Work
IA NST Maths
IA NST Maths
All of the holiday work is due in by 12 noon on Wednesday 26th April, at any of the three locations. Make sure that you submit the examples sheet work, paper 1, and paper 2 as three separate bundles.
IB Physics A and B
All of the holiday work is due in by 4pm on Tuesday 25th April, at any of the three locations, UNLESS your supervision is on Mondays or Tuesdays, in which case it is due in according to the times in the table below for Easter term.
Easter Term 2023
Deadlines are given in the table below.
|Day of supervision||Latest time for handing in work at...||Selwyn||Trinity Hall||Address near Fitzwilliam||Monday||7pm Sunday||6.45pm Sunday||8pm Sunday||Tuesday||8pm Monday||6.45pm Sunday||8pm Monday||Wednesday||6.30pm Tuesday||6.45pm Tuesday||8pm Tuesday||Thursday||6.30pm Wednesday||6.45pm Tuesday||8pm Wednesday||Friday||6.30pm Thursday||6.45pm Thursday||8pm Thursday||Saturday||6.30pm Friday||6.45pm Thursday||8pm Friday|
If you've missed all of the deadlines, just bring the work with you to the supervision. Don't hand it in late. Don't submit any work electronically, unless your supervision is online due to covid or similar.
I may occasionally change the times above, but if I make any times earlier or remove any options I'll notify students in advance; I don't expect you to check this page regularly for updates.
Submitting work electronically
Electronic submission is only to be used for online supervisions, which are happening when students have to isolate, and optionally for certain IB Physics holiday work. Otherwise hand in the work on paper as described in the previous section. If it is online use the instructions that follow.
- Form each piece of work into a .pdf file. You might want to use software such as camscanner if you have done the work on paper.
- Each file should be smaller than 25MB. If you can't make it smaller than that, split it into multiple files until each is.
- Check that the pages are in the right order, and the right way round.
- If they're not, try to change it so that they are.
- If you still can't get the page ordering right then include in your e-mail an unambiguous description of what needs to be done to fix it. (For example: "swap the current pages 7 and 8, move page 1 to the end, then rotate the new page 3 clockwise by π/2".)
- Give the file(s) a name that includes your crsid (which is the part of your @cam.ac.uk e-mail address that comes before the @).
- Attach the file(s) to an e-mail sent to email@example.com. If there are several very large files you may need to send more than one e-mail.
- The deadline for electronic submission is 8pm on the day before the supervision. (Except in the case of holiday work, which must be submitted by the same deadline whether on paper or online.)